Importing CSV contacts to HTC phone
Save contacts as csv file
We know that csv file can store lots of of information from online mail address book. We take Google Gmail address book as example, users can save the contacts from Google Gmail contacts by going to 'Contacts' -> 'Export' -> 'Save as CSV'. And you can select the location where the csv file are stored. or your contacts are stored on other cell phone SIM card, you can export the contacs out of the SIM card and save them as .csv file.
Import CSV file to HTC phone
Connect the HTC phone to computer
if you want to do something with your HTC phone, you need link the HTC phone to computer and start the HTC phone as USB model. So you can import file to it. If your contacts are stored on computer. You need import the csv file to Outlook first. Outlook 2000, Outlook 2003, Outlook 2007 and Outlook Express are both okay.
- Open Outlook and click on your contacts
- Go to File > Import and Export > Select Export to a file - Next
- Select Comma Separated Values (Windows) - Next
- Select Contacts - Next
- Save the file in a known location - Next
- Click on 'Map Custom Fields' and make sure Default Maps are set
- Click Finish