How to transfer AOL contacts to a new computer
Want to save the AOL contacts to computer? so that you can restore once your AOL crashed and all address book lost. Time to think about this. You'd better make a copy of the AOL email contacts to another new computer and keep it safe.
Epreserver which is an AOL contacts backup software, AOL Address book backup software, AOL Favorite Places backup tool allows you to export your contacts to a file saved as .lidf, with a few simple clicks. This makes it extremely easy to back up your contacts, or import them from a file into another email account such as Outlook or Gmail..
Main function of ePreserver- Convert your AOL e-mail, folders, address book and favorite places using ePreserver is easy.
- Copy your AOL mail and contacts to Outlook or Gmail.
- Convert your AOL favorites to Internet Explorer.
- Export your AOL data from Windows to the Mac.
Buy Now $24.95
Okay, ePreserver supports AOL 9.x, AOL Desktop and AOL webmail. Here is a guide to backup AOL contacts to computer with ePreserver. Here is how to transfer aol contacts to a new computer for another email such as Outlook 2003, Outlook 2007 or Outlook Express.
Export your contacts
First, you should install AOL Communicator, and it should have opened automatically. Go to the address book, click on the File menu, and choose Export...
When the Export window opens, click Desktop on the left, type in aol for the filename, and click Save:
You're almost done! Now, your AOL contacts has been stored to computer. You can transfer the backup AOL contacts to Outlook, Gmail or a new computer and even New Mac computer.
Import your contacts to Outlook on new computer - Using ePreserver
The final step is to run ePreserver and point it at the file you just created. If you've already installed ePreserver, start it by clicking on the life preserver icon on your desktop:
Click Next on the first page for ePreserver, then you will see something like this: (If you see the Screen Name page instead, please click the Show More Choices button.)
Click the File button. When you see the Open window, click Desktop on the left, click on aol.ldif in the middle, and click Open in the bottom right:
Now, you can select only Address book.
Select to import the converted AOL contacts to Outlook. From the screenshot, we can see that you can AOL contacts to Gmail, convert AOL contacts to HTML files, convert AOL contacts to Mac, export AOL contacts to Outlook 2003, export AOL contacts to Outlook Express and more.
Once you've picked the account, you can choose which data you want to export into an Outlook, Outlook Express, Gmail.
Convert your AOL e-mail, folders, address book and favorite places using ePreserver is easy. Your original information in AOL will not be changed in any way. If you use AOL 8 or 9, ePreserver works even if you've already left AOL!
More software you may need
See more tips
- How to backup iPhone 3G, iPhone 3Gs and iPhone 4 contacts without using iTunes
- Ways to read contacts from iPhone from the backup file
- How do backup contacts on iPhone 4 to Mac address book
- How do I backup white iPhone 4 contacts to new computer and import the contacts to Gmail
- How to backup iPhone contacts
- Export iPhone contacts in SIM Card
- How do I copy my iPhone contacts to a new Mac
- How do I sync my iPhone contacts with my Outlook
- contact manager for iPhone
- How can I veiw my iPhone contacts on computer
- How to use wondershare contacts backup
- How to backup iPhone contacts to Mac
- How to share my entire contact list to another iPhone
- How to backup iPhone contacts with Tansee iPhone contacts backup
- How to copy my contacts from iPhone to computer
- How to backup iPhone contacts to Windows 7
- How to copy contacts on iPhone to PC
- How to copy contacts from iPhone to Mac
- How to backup my iPhone contacts list
- How to backup AOL contacts
- see more