How to export Yahoo Address book to iPad/iPad 2
" I have been using Yahoo! mail for years. Needless to say, the address book have more than 1000 contacts and that are very important for me, it is too many. You know, I would like to sync them to new iPad. So I can use the address book on iPad direclty. I can access them from computer but not iPad. It would be better if I can sort them by name and phone number. How can I export and transfer all the contacts to iPad? "
Yes, iPad is a great design that can meet the need to send or receive email.If you are running iPhone or iPod touch, iPad iOS 4.0 software or newer, you will be able to sync your Yahoo! Contacts to your iPad, iPhone or iPod Touch without plugging it into your computer. Or you need export the contacts to computer and store it as .csv file or Vcard file so that we can import the file to iPad by manually.
- First, extract and export contacts list from Yahoo! email to computer as csv file
- Second, add csv file from computer to iPod touch by using iPod touch contacts Transfer software
Export Yahoo! email contacts to computer as .csv file
In Yahoo! Mail, it's very easy to manage and export the contacts, it's also easy to extract them to a format that enjoys almost universal popularity and compatibility: CSV. Importing email addresses from CSV files in iPhone, iPod touch, iPad, BlackBerry, Nokia smart phone and Outlook, Outlook Express or Gmail. By adding the Yahoo! email address book to iPod touch and you get to retain all your email addresses.
First, login in your Yahoo! mail account. You can see the "contacts" icon. Go to it.
You need go to the Contact Options category. There are a lot of options, such as import contacts to Yahoo! mail or Sync contacts. You can find the "Export All" option. click it.
Select a format to export. Usually, Yahoo provides 5 types of file formats you can choose. They are Microsoft Outlook, Netscape?Thunderbirt, Yahoo!CSV, Vcard Single File (Which is mainly used on Palm Desktop users) and Vcard, Zip or .CVF file. We can just pick up the Yahoo! csv as output file.
You are asked to verify you are not a robot. Just input the code.
Export the contacts to computer as .csv file now. You can save it onto computer desktop and you will find this file.
Step 2: Now, Add exported csv file to iPod touch with contacts transfer software
To add .csv file to iPod touch. You need software like contacts transfer. 4Media iPhone Contacts transfer is such as tool. Here is a brief introduction of this iPhone manage tool.
4Media iPhone contacts Transfer is designed for Apple iPhone, iPod touch, iPad user to backup contacts and transfer contacts between iPhone, iPod touch, iPad and computer. That's to say, you can not only export contacts from Apple iOs devices, but also can import contacts with file extenstion .csv or .vcf to iPod touch, iPhone or iPad easily.See more
Download now | Buy it now - USD $15.99
Now, connect the iPod touch to computer and launch 4Media iPod touch contacts transfer. Your iPhone or iPod touch information will be displayed. Here we Just connect the iPhone to Windows 7 computer.
The program can bring all your contacts data back by restoration function. Of course, you should export the Outlook Express address book. Make sure that you need export address book to computer as .csv or .vcf file.
1. In the left "Backup Files" area, choose the "Contacts" that you want to restore into your device.
2. Select a backup file in the left list, then click "Restore all Contacts to Device" button at the bottom of the interface, then start restoring contacts.
Then you can local the previous contacts which was exported from Yahoo! mail. Of course, if the .csv file was added to your iPod touch. Your original contacts on iPod touch will be wiped clearly. So, you can have a backup of your iPod touch first.
Now, get 4Media iPhone Contacts Transfer to restore .csv to iPod touch
- Related solution
- How to add outlook express contacts to iPod touch
- How to add Yahoo address book to iPod touch
- Delete all contacts from iPhone 3G
- Mass delete iPhone 4 contacts
- Delete duplicate contacts on iPhone for Windows 7
- Sharing is very importan, you know, here you can view How to transfer contacts from old iPod to new iPod touch 4G
- How to move contacts from old iPhone to new iPhone 4 . Seems to be difficult, but with the help of the professional iPhone contacts backup tool, you can easily fullfill that.
- How to export all email address from iPhone to computer, by doing this, you can save email content and email address book easily.
- How to transfer contacts from iPhone 4 to BlackBerry
- How to sync contacts from iPhone to iPad
- How to export iPhone contacts to Nokia. Apple apply the iOS and Nokia apply the Symbian. How to do that?
- How to share contacts between iPhone and Nokia on Windows
- How to add iphone contacts to Skype contacts