How to export and transfer Hotmail contacts to iPhone and iPad
Windows Live Hotmail, formerly known as MSN Hotmail and commonly referred to simply as Hotmail. It is great software for our chat online, share pics, enjoy online shopping and receive or send email. It is a great product from Microsoft Company. Especially it is good and easy to use email system for people all around the world. How long have you been used Hotmail? If more than one year, you must have tons of important contacts on the address book. Now, Apple iPad and iPhone become more and more popular, have you ever thought transferring the contacts from Hotmail to iPhone or iPad?
Someone said that transferring Hotmail contact information to iPhone or iPad turns out to be slightly difficult become Hotmail from Microsoft and iOS from Apple company. In fact, it is not so difficult as you are thinking. The easiest approach is to make use of Hotmail itself feature to export the address book to computer as CSV file.
Why I say we need export hotmail contacts as CSV file?.
It’s the only file format provided by Windows Live Hotmail, but also the most widely acceptable format as it’s in text format. When the address book is export from Hotmail, your data from contacts will be stored on the CSV file and you can open with MIcrosft Excel. What's more, it is alos the most important, the CSV file can be easily imported and transferred to iPhone or iPad with the third party tool like 4Media iPhone contacts Transfer.
Once you can get contacts into csv file, you can use 4Media iPhone contacts Transfer to import the file to iPhone or add to iPad easily.
Now, get 4Media iPhone Contacts Transfer
Cucusoft iPhone Tool Kits, which is an universal iPhone content manage software. With this vital application on iPhone, you can backup iPhone contacts and SMS, transfer iPhone video, songs, ebooks, photo, call list and more to computer or iTunes. Fully support all types of iPhone, iPod touch and iPad. In a word, it is an ideal solution to keep your iPhone content safe. See more
Download now | Buy it now - USD $34.99
Part 1: Export contacts from Hotmail to computer as CSV file
Sign in to the Windows Live or MSN Hotmail account. Then click on the Options button on the top right corner.
In the Options pull down menu, click on More Options link at the bottom of the list.
In the “Options” page, under “Customize your contacts” section, click on Export contacts link. When you move your mouse onto it, It should be the color of Yellow. Click it. Besides, You can see the you can clean up the duplicate contacts for Hotmail. I think many other email do not have such feature. You can also sort the contacts list. If you have other contacts that want to be imported to Hotmail. Click the "Import contacts" option.
Next, click on Export contacts button. A file saving dialog will appear to allow you to save the contacts list file. Save the file in a convenient location on your computer. By default the exported file is named as WLMContacts.csv in Microsoft Excel Comma Separated Values file format. The file format and extension is fixed, however you can change and pick any filename you like.
Now, we store the CSV file on computer desktop so we can easily find it out when we need use it. For CSV file, you can edit it with Microsfot Office Excel file. Or you can copy the files to Mac computer and add to Mac address book.
Part 2: Import CSV file to iPhone or iPad
Now, it's time to connect the iPhone or iPad to PC with USB cable.
If the iPad or iPhone can run on computer without problem. Start the iPhone contacts Transfer and you can follow the instruction.
1. In the left directory tree, choose the target "Contacts" that you want to import contacts into.
2. Click "Import Contacts to Device" button at the bottom of the interface, choose "Import contats from .csv File" or "Import contats from .vCard File(s)" option, and choose the source contacts file in the dialog box that appears, then start importing.
The contacts information on .csv or .vcf file will be added to iPhone quickly.
So, When we look back, we can see that it is so easy to sync contacts from hotmail to iPhone or iPad. First you just need to save your Windows Live Hotmail address book to a CSV file. The second step you just need 4Media iPhone Contacts transfer to add the csv file to iOS Devices.
Want to add CSV contacts to iPhone or iPad now?
- Related solution
- How can I sort my contacts on my iPhone by first name?
- How to add outlook express contacts to ipod touch
- How to add Yahoo Address Book to iPod touch
- How to export Yahoo Address Book to iPad or iPad 2
- Mass delete iPhone 4 contacts
- Delete duplicate contacts on iPhone for Windows 7
- How can I view iPhone contacts on computer
- Sharing is very importan, you know, here you can view How to transfer contacts from old iPod to new iPod touch 4G
- Copy contacts from Thunderbird to Apple iPhone/iPod touch/iPad on Windows
- How to move contacts from old iPhone to new iPhone 4 . Seems to be difficult, but with the help of the professional iPhone contacts backup tool, you can easily fullfill that.
- How to export all email address from iPhone to computer, by doing this, you can save email content and email address book easily.
- How to add iphone contacts to Skype contacts
- Mass delete iphone 4 contacts
- See more