Copy contacts from Thunderbird to Apple iPhone/iPod touch/iPad
Still put all the contacts on Thunderbird address book and don't have a copy of the data? All you data would disappear if you keep all your mail, your contacts, your calendars and message on Thunderbird. We don't know when the computer crashed and how your Thunderbird contacts been wiped. To make sure you don't lose all this in case of a hard disk crash or some other disaster. You can have a backup or a copy of the address book on Thunderbird. How about coping contacts from Thunderbird address book to Apple iOS devices such as iPhone, iPod touch or iPad. No matter how you import or export your e-mail its a good idea to back up your e-mail first in case something unexpected happens.
Why not copy contact details of your friends, colleagues, business partners, family, customers, mechanics to Apple iPhone, iPod touch and iPad. So that you can use the contacts on portable device and send or receive email when you are not stay at home. That's great — Check your inbox of Thunderbird on Apple iOS device anytime you like.
Something we know that contacts information on Thunderbird can be some way to export or convert to .CSV or .LDIF files. In fact, the CSV format is a common file that can be accepted by almost all other email address book, smart phone address book. So, we can export contacts from Thunderbird to computer as .csv and then find way to import to the Apple iPhone/iPod touch/iPad.
Manually export Thunderbird contacts as .csv file for importing to Outlook
From the Thunderbird online help documents, we can find that there are three format you can export the contacts from Thunderbird: LDIF, for LDAP directories, CSV (Comma-Separated Values), the most compatible used format (where contacts are listed on each line, and contact information is separated by commas), or Tab Delimited.
Here is how
If you have installed Thunderbird email client, you can create a icon on desktop and click the icon to start this program.
See the Thunderbird client interface. You can see "Address book". Click it. Then you can see menu "Tool". Click the drop-down menu and you will be able to export contacts as .csv file.
Create a file folder on hard drive and save the contacts file into it.
Import CSV file to iPhone/iPad/iPod touch with 4Media iPhone contacts Transfer
- Import contact information from Address Book programs and other mobile phones to your iPhone
- Support a dozen of Address Book programs like Outlook Express, Yahoo Address Book, Google Contacts and etc
- Backup all your iPhone contacts into your computer and restore the data in accidental loss
- Contact information management: delete any item, sort by different categories, save contact picture to local machine
- Exactly the same pattern to display the detailed contact information as iPhone
Install this csv to iPhone/iPad/iPod touch transfer program and let's import the Thunderbird contacts to iOS devices.You should make sure you can run the iOS device on computer without any problem. If the app find your device and all your contacts will shown on computer. There are options for you to operate the contacts between iPhone and computer. So just click the "Import" icon button on the bottom of the Interface. So that you can browse the csv file you have saved on computer. Just import them to Apple device.
So you will find that 4Media iPhone Contacts Transfer, a convenient iPhone contacts management tool to help you backup iphone contacts, import/export, restore and manage contacts information in your iPhone to wipe out all your worries and fill your needs on important contacts information security.
More software you may need
- How to transfer Palm Pre contacts to iPad or iPad 2
- CDMA iPhone 4 contacts and SMS backup on Mac OS X Lion
- How to backup iPhone, iPad, iPod touch contacts on Mac OS X Lion
- How to sync Facebook contacts list to iPhone iPad on Mac
- How to transfer contacts from Nokia to Google Nexus
- Transfer contacts form Nokia to htc desire
- How to export iPhone contacts list as csv file
- Is it possilbe recover lost contacts on iphone
- How to avoid iphone update wiping contacts
- How to transfer contacts from iPod touch 4 generation to iPhone
- How to export Yahoo Address Book to iPad or iPad 2
- See more