Importing contacts from BlackBerry to iPad
"I want a tablet and I pick up the Apple iPad 2. I also want to buy an iPhone 4S. I just want to know if I switch to the iPhone 4s and iPad 2. Can I import the contacts from my old BlackBerry pear. Do I need the BlackBerry desktop manager or Apple iTunes. How can I move the contacts between BlackBerry and iPad?"
I am sure that if you switch BlackBerry to iPad or iPhone. You most care about the contacts on the old BlackBerry. I dare say that the most important stuff on BlackBerry is contacts. So, don't let it alone when you get a new mobile or portable device.
Here you can Download Google Sync application for Blackberry (its free). If you are not Google user. Please create a account on Google(its free too) and export the contacts out of BlackBerry and save it on Google account online! Then you can sync the iPad to Google account and import the contacts to iPad from Google Gmail directly. here is step-by-step instruction for you.
1. Export contacts from BlackBerry to Google account
Download app from m.google.com/sync
If you are not Google account user, you should register one and start to use it. This Google sync app is very easy to use and will sync your contacts from BlackBerry to Gmail contacts. Aslo support Calendar to Gmail syncing.
2. Export the contacts from Google Account as vCard file
Once push the contacts into Google account from BlackBerry. It will appear on Gmail "contacts" ---> "My contacts" group.
Please the instruction to export the contacts out of Google account and save as vCard.
Hit "Export" button and start transfer contacts to computer HDD now.
Sync iPad with Google Account to import contactsBefore importing contacts to iPad. Please follow the steps below to setup Google Sync on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod Touch.
Google Sync currently only support iOS 3.0 or above. Please make sure that.
1. Open the Settings application on your device's home screen.
2. Open Mail, Contacts, Calendars.
3. Press Add Account....
4. Select Microsoft Exchange. iOS 4.0+ allows multiple Exchange accounts. However, if you're on a device that doesn't let you add a second account, you could also use CalDAV to sync Google Calendar and IMAP to sync Gmail.
5. In the Email field, enter your full Google Account email address. If you use an @googlemail.com address, you may see an "Unable to verify certificate" warning when you proceed to the next step.
6. Leave the Domain field blank.
7. Enter your full Google Account email address as the Username.
8. Enter your Google Account password as the Password. (If you are a 2-step verification user, please use an application-specific password instead.)
9. Tap Next at the top of your screen.
9a. Choose Cancel if the Unable to Verify Certificate dialog appears.
10. When the new Server field appears, enter m.google.com.
11. Press Next at the top of your screen again.
12. Select the Google services (Mail, Calendar, and Contacts) you want to sync.
13. Unless you want to delete all the existing Contacts and Calendars on your phone, select the Keep on my iPhone (or iPad or iPod touch) option when prompted. This will also allow you to keep syncing with your computer via iTunes.
So, you can connec the BlackBerry, iPad to computer. Get a Google account and start to import BlackBerry contats from BlackBerry to iPad now.
- How can I sort my contacts on my iPhone by first name
- How can I view my iPhone contacts on computer
- Move contacts from iPhone to Android mobile phone
- How to copy contacts on iPhone to PC
- Is there a way to read contacts from iPhone from the backup file
- How to copy contacts from iPhone to Mac
- Export iPhone contacts to Gmail
- Backup iPhone SMS
- iPhone SMS Transfer
- iPhone contacts to Mac Backup
- How to export iPhone contacts to Nokia
- See more